Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Training and Therapy

44: The number of degrees it is in Dayton today. Brr!

I haven't had to do a training in about a month, but I'm back in the swing of things now. It's like riding a bike.

Right now I'm at the Vineyard Church in Dayton. The training was supposed to start at 8:00, so I got here at 7:30. However, no one was there to let me in. I called the contact guy, who said he was running a little late but that he would be here. So I sat in my car until he let us in at about 8:15.

It was only a minor hiccup, though. Four out of six people found their way here, and we aren't really behind. Another polite class today.

I had to dress up for the training today, so my air cast was shoved into my nice black flats. I took my right shoe off as soon as I got settled and explained to the trainees that I was not being lazy or unprofessional, I just have a sprained ankle.

Speaking of which, my physical therapy session made me realize just how bad that sprain was. I did not enjoy it at all. My therapist had me put my feet up, then he stuck two little tabs on my ankle that were connected to some machine. Then he wrapped it in ice, then gauze, then a towel.

Me: You're not going to shock me are you? Hahaha.
Him: Yep, we sure are.
Me: ....But the--adda--wibba...

It didn't really hurt. It was just very tingly, like my foot was falling asleep. And the last time my foot fell asleep, I ended up falling and spraining my ankle. So I might have been overcome with nervous giggles for the first several minutes, but I got over it. I had to shock myself for about 12 minutes. All I could think about was the Milgram experiment.

Anywho, the rest of this week shouldn't be too bad. I have a holiday basket meeting tomorrow (as well as my second physical therapy session), then we have a regional VISTA meeting Friday at Panera Bread. I really like those meetings. I get to drink hot chocolate.

Until next time, loyal readers!

No comments: