Friday, January 8, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

49,510: The number of pounds of food collected in the holiday food drive for Shared Harvest this year...which is 7,350 more pounds than last year!

Right now Kaitlyn and I are in some sort of limbo between the holiday food drive and tax season. I'm spending a lot more time in the office. I was supposed to do a benefits training in Xenia today, but I had to cancel it on account of it snowed like the dickens all day yesterday and part of this morning.

So far, though, we've had plenty of phone calls to make, spreadsheets to refer to and agencies to research.
And we've definitely had our fair share of excitement! Tuesday found Kaitlyn and me in the conference room, picking off the adhesive from cardboard from Kaitlyn's Check Out Hunger project. We soon grew tired of using our fingernails, and Kaitlyn began using a rather ingenious device comprised of a sharp razor blade and duct tape. After about two minutes, she sliced her thumb open and we had to make a trip urgent care. See Kaitlyn's bandaged thumb, containing nine stitches, on the right. She's always such a trooper!
I told Kaitlyn that we are turning into the most expensive VISTAs ever. We've had our fair share of injuries, what with the stitches, the sprained ankle, the car accident... Hopefully all of that is behind us.
In other news, I am incredibly glad it is Friday. Going back to work after having time off is never a fun thing. I'm still not quite used to my sleep schedule.

No comments: