Friday, January 22, 2010

Speed Bumps

80: The number of minutes it took to drive to Troy today.

I feel like I've been slacking on my blog lately, but that's probably because I took such a long hiatus over the holidays. Which is funny, because it took me no time at all to get in a groove of sleeping late and eating Christmas cookies.

Anyway, only a week left in January, which means tax season is about to get brutal. I think February is going to be the busiest month for us, what with all the tax clinics and trainings all over Southwest Ohio. At least there are only 28 days to get through.

It's been a little frustrating lately because so many people want to get into training, and we don't have the dates finalized for February yet. It's like they're all trying to squeeze their way in a locked door, and the line of people just keeps getting bigger. It's all very overwhelming.

Right now I'm at a tax training in Troy, and getting tired of hitting speedbumps because of all the glitches in the system and typos in the book. Someone asks a question every five minutes, and my answer is usually "Yeah, that's just a mistake in the software, they're working on it," or "That's just a typo. It should say ___________."

I never thought I'd say this, but oh, how I long for the days of benefit trainings.

The good news is that it's Friday. Thank goodness. I was beginning to think I was in some parallel universe in which the weekend is always at least two days away.

No comments: