Monday, February 8, 2010

Facepalm

8: About the number of inches of snow we got over the weekend.

I have incredibly fantastical news---my insurance company finally paid off my health bills! After months and months of re-calling, double-checking, and head-banging, that whole entire mess with my ankle is finally cleared up. When I was younger I used to wonder why adults always refused to go to the doctor when they felt sick. And now I realize that it's probably because they don't feel like dealing with their insurance companies.

Makes perfect sense to me now.

And now I have to get something off my chest. I've compiled a list of three simple rules to keep in mind when talking to your friendly neighborhood OBB counselors:

1. Read the e-mails we send. They most likely hold the answers you are calling/e-mailing us about.

2: Listen to the words I say. I was at a training a few weeks ago and someone asked me,
"Do you usually send out training dates ahead of time? Because I haven't seen the dates for next month yet."
I responded with, "Yes we do, but the woman who usually does it is on maternity leave and the Southeast regional coordinator is taking over for her. She's pretty backed up, but we'll have those dates out in the next couple of days."
He then condescendingly said, "Well what I'm ASKING is...do you usually send those out ahead of time?"
"....YES."

3. If you opt not to follow the aforementioned rules, do not yell at me as if it were my fault you didn't get the information. There's only so much I can do.

Thanks, everyone.

No comments: