Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Annoying/Fearless

1: The number of functional legs I have.

Well I went to the doctor last night and it turns out my ankle is indeed sprained. They wrapped it up in gauze, put me in an air cast, and instructed that I stay on crutches for "a few weeks." Okay, if I am able to sprain my ankle while standing still, what do they think is going to happen when they put me on stilts?

I have to do all these follow-up appointments and go through some physical therapy, so it's a long process. They also said that because I've sprained my ankle once, it's going to be easy to sprain it again because it's all stretched out.

So basically I just became annoying. I do not do well on crutches, so people have to open my doors and carry my bags.

On the bright side I am still able to drive. The air cast gives me enough mobility to go from gas to brake without a problem. And hopefully I'll be okay by Thanksgiving. Because I can't do Black Friday in crutches.

Kaitlyn and I were in Gus yesterday and we were talking about how much more assertive we've gotten since becoming VISTAs. I used to hate talking on the phone. Even to my friends. I would make other people order pizza. And now -- Well I'm still not crazy about the phone, but I can do it easily. The fear for that is gone. I also never thought I'd be driving around a truck as big as Gus, and now it's just like any other car. I don't even notice the size of it, really. And if someone had told me a year ago that I would be training people all day, I would have laughed (or curled up into the fetal position and hidden in a corner). And now those trainings are second nature!

Kaitlyn and I are very proud of ourselves. We're FEARLESS!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn Baker Wessels said...

For some reason I feel like I need to give you a big hug and an enthusiastic cheer--and a nickname: Peanut? That sounds good.

Yay Peanut! You go girl!