Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meet me Halfway

15: The number of minutes I was stuck in traffic this morning (and therefore the number of minutes late I was to my training).

Don't worry. I always arrive at 8:30 for my 9:00 classes. So today I was here at 8:45, and I still had time to set up.

Today is my first full benefits class since before Christmas. I'm currently on my lunch break in Dayton, for a class of seven people. Things are going really well. Benefits classes are pretty much the same as tax classes, except there aren't as many errors in the book and we go over the different programs we offer with OBB instead of tax credits.

I haven't even looked at my benefits guide in ages (I should probably be doing that now, but I am feeling a little frustrated with myself for having such a lame blog post yesterday and I have a strong desire to make up for it). I think I'll be okay, though. I know the program. I know the benefits.

That training that was snowed out in Greenville Saturday needs to be rescheduled soon (they have their first tax clinic on the 13th). The problem is that they can only do a Saturday training, so it would HAVE to be this Saturday, which is the same day as Kaitlyn's bridal shower. We have been scrambling around, trying to find someone else to take the training, but we haven't had any luck yet, so I might have to miss the shower. Which is bad news bears.

We might have to become as flexible as some of these other sites we've been working with (i.e. MUCH LESS FLEXIBLE). I know it's our job to train as many people as we can, but these special trainings out of our region and working on weekends is really starting to take a toll. You've got to meet us halfway.

No comments: