Monday, March 8, 2010

The Other Side

12: The number of days until Kaitlyn's wedding! (And the first day of spring!)

Remember back in December when I went to In Service Training and went through a poverty simulation? Today, Kaitlyn and I will be traveling to Miami University Hamilton where we will be on the other side of the experiment as social services case workers #1 and #2.

I'm pretty excited about this! When I went through the simulation the first time I was participating as a woman living in poverty. I was running around from place to place in such a frenzy that I really didn't have the time to soak it in until it was over. Today, I'll have a better idea of what to expect and I'll be able to observe the chaos, rather than be stuck in the middle of it. It'll be really cool to see how other people react to being placed in that kind of situation.

Anyway, Kaitlyn and I will be leaving for that this afternoon and it will probably go until at least 5:00 p.m. (Hello, comp time!) But I'll be sure to post all about it tomorrow or the next day. I'll also try to remember to take pictures this time.

IN OTHER NEWS: Our site supervisor, Meredith, is back at Shared Harvest after about three months of maternity leave! Welcome back, Meredith! And welcome to the world, Minerva Abigail!

No comments: