Thursday, July 8, 2010

Knock-knock!

8: The number of times I had to restart my computer today until it stopped freezing.

Last week, Krupa and I sent out letters to various organizations around Greene County letting them know that we were going to be in their area to talk to them about the OBB. So after our conference call Tuesday, we grabbed some marketing materials, our directions courtesy of google maps, and my trusty GPS Rita and headed north.

Site recruitment is exhausting no matter how you go about doing it. Being in a car for that long really takes a toll after a few hours of driving, especially if you don't have some breaks to stretch your legs. And unfortunately, we didn't spend much time out of the car.

We couldn't find a lot of the sites from our spreadsheets. My GPS led us to dead-end drives, abandoned buildings and residential homes. We left information at a few places, but were not able to actually speak with anyone about the program. It was a long, somewhat frustrating day. But it was fun to spend some time on the open road with Krupa!

We didn't want to have to go through a day like that again, though, without having recruited any OBB sites, so we spent most of Wednesday updating the contact information on our spreadsheets. Tedious, yes, but it must be done.

P.S. The title of my blog post today reminds me of a joke my brother, Zach, told me:

Knock-knock!
Who's there?
To!
To who?
To WHOM.

Hehehe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One of them turns to the other and says, "Hey, does this taste funny to you?"

Alex said...

Haha, brilliant! You are filled with puns.