Monday, August 16, 2010

Finals Week

1: The number of weeks I have left in Americorps.

And so the final countdown begins. This is my very last Monday as an Americorps VISTA member, and my very last week. I don't think it's sunk in yet. I've been looking through some of my older blog posts lately, and it's hard to tell if this year flew by or not. Driving Gus the Bus around seems like a million years ago, but it also feels just like yesterday. Does that make sense?
Anyway, it'll be nice to have some time off for a while. Hopefully not too long of a break, though, because those student loans aren't gonna pay for themselves, kids.

Personal note: Went to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky over the weekend and had a fantastic time. Came back with a cold. Boo.

The ceiling near "Frozen Niagra" at Mammoth Cave.


ALSO: The parking lot at Shared Harvest is finished! YAY!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn Baker Wessels said...

First of all, what a nice parking lot! So much better than before. Is the whole driveway paved? Luckies.

Secondly, it feels strange that this is your last week because that means my last week was even longer ago! And it certainly makes sense to me that fun with Gus was years ago and minutes ago all at once.