Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Leave a message at the beep!

18: The number of sites who still need to sign up for Pre-Training Orientation or turn in their Site User Agreement.

I don't really have a lot to report today, but I haven't updated my blog in a long time, so I feel like this is necessary.

Yesterday was my first ever solo training. And while I was a little anxious about it, I was also excited to lead a class all by myself. The training was at the Wesley Center in Dayton, which is about an hour drive. I had already been there for a training, so at least I had a faint idea of where I was going.

And it went well. It really did. Everyone understood the program, they asked smart questions and were respectful. We did have a few issues with the computers, but none of them completely crashed, at least. Six people were scheduled to show up, and for the first time I had a training with perfect attendance! I was so proud of everyone. Everyone finished up pretty early and I got home at about 4:20.

I have spent most of today making phone calls. We have folders upon folders of organizations that would like to be benefit bank sites, but haven't yet completed PTO (Pre-Training Orientation) or turned in their SUA (Site User Agreement). The sad thing is that I called like 20 different places and wasn't able to sign up a single site for PTO. I mostly got voicemails. And one place said they were no longer interested in becoming a site. But at least we got an answer out of them.

It's still pretty early in the day, though, so I might take some time to call potential food drive sites. I only wish it weren't so cold in here. Two of the walls in this office are just windows, so there's not a lot of insulation. I am wearing a t-shirt, a hoodie, and my winter coat. But my fingers are slowly becoming numb.

No comments: