Friday, June 18, 2010

Wild About Americorps

More than 500: The number of animals at the Cincinnati Zoo.

This post is going to consist of several photos of our trip to the zoo! Please enjoy.

By the way, I tend to speak several octaves higher than my regular voice when I see cute animals. Let's just say be thankful that this is not a video blog.

Sand cat! So preshy-presh. The cat house is one of my favorite things at the zoo.


There happened to be a bunny in this exhibit, and my friend Amanda was pretty excited about it. I was like, "You do realize we're standing mere feet away from a giraffe, right?"


This is Amanda, one of my closest friends from high school! She is being a wilderness explorer.


White tiger. I've always found them really pretty.


Tigers! Kyle and I went to the zoo last summer to see the baby tigers. These are the very same kittens; they already look fully grown.


Amanda, with Jomo the Gorilla in the background. The gorilla exhibit is another one of my favorite things at the zoo. If you go during their feeding time, they come out and you can get some great shots.


See? This is Jomo, the silverback gorilla. I've taken a ton of pictures of him this summer. I feel like we've become good buddies.


Bonobo! Seen in the Jungle Trails. He's chillaxin'.


A crazy bird whose name I do not remember. But he's taking a sip of water.


White lion waking up from a nice long nap. He's all tuckered out.Add Image


We all had a fantastic time at the zoo, as you can probably tell. I hope everyone enjoyed my pictures. Comments are much appreciated!

By the way, my car wouldn't start when we were trying to leave. I'd like to take this moment to send a shout out to my dad, who came to our rescue and jump started my car for me. Thank you, Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful shots, especially of the silver back, Jomo. He reminds me of someone. Particularly around the eyes. A former world leader? Can't quite put my finger on it.

Thomas

PS: Sorry about your car. Gotta love those dads.